On 23rd May 2018 the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs and Environment Agency have published the updated version of the Guidance on Qualifications required to work on equipment containing F gas.
A facility must be qualified to work on systems and equipment containing fluorinated greenhouse gases (F gas) that the EU regulates.
It needs different qualifications for:
- stationary refrigeration and air conditioning (SRAC systems), including heat pump systems
- stationary fire protection systems
- mobile air conditioning systems
- electrical switchgear
- solvent recovery
An individual must be qualified (have a personal qualification certificate) even if he works for someone else.
A business that works on third party systems or equipment must ensure that its engineers must have personal qualifications. The business must also have a company F gas certificate.
The Contents of the Guidance are the following:
- Check if you’re qualified
- Stationary refrigeration and air conditioning (SRAC) systems, including heat pump systems
- Stationary fire protection systems
- Mobile air conditioning systems
- Electrical switchgear
- Solvent recovery
Guidance – Qualifications required to work on equipment containing F gas, published on the Government webpage on 23rd May 2018.