The temporary relaxation of the EU drivers’ hours rules for drivers making essential deliveries to consumers’ homes from 00:01 on Friday 20 March 2020 until 23:59 on Friday 3 April 2020.
This applies to drivers in England, Scotland and Wales involved in the delivery of food, non-food (personal care and household paper and cleaning), over the counter pharmaceuticals and other medical supplies when undertaking the following journeys:
- manufacturer to consumer’s home
- stores / distribution centre to consumer’s home
- supplier to consumer’s home
- fulfillment centre to consumer’s home
- retailer to consumer’s home
Join our Red-on-line discussion group on LinkedIn to share with EHS managers, our legal team and William Dab: Covid-19 – HSE Red-on-line Experts Forum