Co-developed by the HSA and the Workplace Relations Commission and formally adopted by SI 674 of 2020, the Code of Practice offers guidance to understand and manage instances of bullying in the workplace.
Detailing the definition of bullying in the workplace as well as types of incidents which fall under the legal definition of bullying, the code of practice offers concrete advice on responding to such instances and avenues for prevention.
The document is divided into six distinct but interdependent sections going through:
- aims (Section 1),
- definitions (Section 2),
- preventative measures (Section 3),
- responses in the workplace (Section 4),
- formal processes (Section 5), and
- the respective roles of governmental entities (HSA/WRC/IHREC) (Section 6)
Additionally, Appendix 1 focuses on how to establish an Anti-bullying Policy in your company.
Find the full Code of Practice here
- HSA, Code of Practice for Employers and Employees on the Prevention and Resolution of Bullying at Work (Jan 2021)
- HSA, News Release 3 Feb 2021
- SI No. 674 of 2020, Industrial Relations Act 1990 (Code of Practice for Employers and Employees on the Prevention and Resolution of Bullying at Work) Order 2020 (published Jan 15 2021)