The government amended guidance on COVID-19 measures showing priority actions to take which will make your business safer during coronavirus.
These actions can help protect staff and customers.
- Complete a health and safety risk assessment that includes the risk from COVID-19
- Provide adequate ventilation
- Clean more often
- Turn away people with COVID-19 symptoms – employees with COVID-19 symptoms need to isolate at home, they must not attend the work place
- Enable people to check in at your venue by displaying an NHS QR code poster
- Communicate and train – update your workers, contractors and visitors up-to-date on how you’re using and updating safety measures
Full details are available in Working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19) which was updated by Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy and Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport on 9th November 2021.
There is guidance to support employers and employees returning to offices, which was updated on 3 November.
- Homeworking – business should support employees to do this
- Have a gradual return to the office
- Precautionary measures; continued use of face coverings, continued compliance with Test and Protect (including self-isolation when necessary), good hand and respiratory hygiene, ongoing promotion of good ventilation and outbreak management to manage and mitigate outbreaks in the workplace.
- Complete refresher training on precautionary measures
Guidance for employers, businesses and organisations was updated on 4 November. Main points include:
- Complete a risk assessment of premises and activities
- Self-isolate for 10 days if test is positive for COVID-19
- Close contacts to follow rules
- Wear face-coverings in indoor public places
Guidance on staying safe at work from nidirect advises to work from home if possible. When employees do return to work:
- complete a COVID-19 workplace risk assessment
- keep distance from colleagues, customers and clients
- face covering to be work
- have good ventilation
- cleaning; hand sanitize, clean surfaces
Alert level 0: guidance for employers, businesses and organisations – gov.wales updated 4 November
Coronavirus (COVID-19): staying safe at work – nidirect.gov.uk