A public consultation is open until 3 December 2021 on the harmonised classification and labelling for sodium 3-(allyloxy)-2 hydroxypropanesulphonate.
Call for comments and evidence
A call for comments and evidence has been launched until 7 November 2021 concerning the preparation of a restriction proposal on medium-chain chlorinated paraffins (MCCP)
- Lithium bis(fluorosulfonyl)imide
- Ditolyl ether
- 2,7-naphthalenedisulfonic acid, 4-amino-5-hydroxy-, diazotized, coupled with diazotized 2-amino-4,6-dinitrophenol, diazotized 4-nitrobenzenamine and resorcinol, sodium salts
- Carboxylic acids, di-, C4-6
- Disodium [2,4-dihydro-4-[(2-hydroxy-5-nitrophenyl)azo]-5-methyl-2-phenyl-3H-pyrazol-3-onato(2-)][3-hydroxy-4-[(2-hydroxy-1-naphthyl)azo]-7-nitronaphthalene-1-sulphonato(3-)]chromate(2-)
- N-Phenyl-diethanolamine, reaction products with formaldehyde
- Polysulfides, bis[3-(triethoxysilyl)propyl]
- Propanamide, 2-hydroxy-N,N-dimethyl-
Occupational exposure limit
On 11 October 2021, the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) presented a scientific preparatory report for the evaluation of limit values for isoprene in the workplace. The aim is to prepare proposals for the amendment of Directive 2004/37/EC on the protection of workers from the risks related to exposure to carcinogens or mutagens at work (CMD). Interested parties are invited to submit their comments on this report until 10 December 2021.
In a press release of 13 October 2021, ECHA presented new guidelines on the reduction of animal testing and the protection of allergies caused by chemicals. Based on a recent guideline from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), ECHA has published advice to management on how to combine different alternative data sources to testing when assessing the skin sensitisation of chemicals. It has also published advice on how to use the guidance and advance the use of non-animal test methods.